Inspirational Marathon Quotes: Know someone who’s training hard to run a marathon? With inspirational quotes and motivational messages to wish good luck, this post will help marathoners achieve the impossible and cross the finish line. Completing a marathon is definitely a test of physical strength and endurance. But when runners hit the wall, it becomes a battle of mind over matter. This is the moment when runners needs to dig deep inside their hearts to search for that inspirational spark which takes over when legs and lungs refuse to function. Whether it is your friend, colleague, brother, sister, mom, dad, boss, girlfriend, husband, boyfriend or wife – keep motivating them with timely dozes of encouragement during the lead up to the big day. Post encouraging messages on Facebook and share motivational pins on Pinterest. Your words will go on to be the anchor that they hold on to, when the body gives up at mile 25 right before the finish line.
1) Forget the miles, just remember the glory. Good luck.
2) Marathon imitates life – never give up. Good luck.
3) The challenge of a marathon is such, that even the most successful people in the world start running marathons when they find life less challenging. Good luck.
4) 100m races make superstars, marathons make legends. Good luck.
5) You can train and prepare for a marathon all you want but when you hit the wall, it’s all mind over matter. Good luck.
6) The blisters in your legs will be temporary but the glory of being a marathon runner is permanent. Good luck.
7) Just before the last few miles, you will feel like dying from the pain. But just after the finish line, you will feel like you’ve been born again. Good luck.
8) Don’t worry about your opponents, worry about the distance. Don’t worry about speed, worry about endurance. Good luck.
9) Think about each and every time someone has called you a loser. Now channel all that frustration, bottle it up and unleash it at mile 20 to push yourself all the way to the finish line. Good luck.
10) The trick to running a marathon successfully is the convert the Fear of stopping halfway into the Hope of going all the way. Good luck.
11) A 100m race is all about how fast you can spend energy. A marathon is all about how well you can save it until you need it the most. Good luck.
12) Running marathons is not something you train for temporarily. It is a way of life and a school of thought. Good luck.
13) A marathon is not about winning, it is about completing. A marathon is not about rapid gains, it is about ability to endure pain. A marathon is not about the thrill, it is about skill. Good luck.
14) Just remember – if you think that you are running slower than you should, then you are running at the right pace. Good luck.
15) You can plan and strategize all you want but when your legs give away with a mile left to the finish line, there is just one thing you need to remember – RUN AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. Good luck.
16) A marathon is an event where everyone is equal and ordinary at the starting line and a legend is born at the finish line. Good luck.
17) The later stages of a marathon are an ugly fight between your mind and your body. Your mind will keep telling the body to run, while the body will start to give up. They will keep fighting until neither have the energy to fight any longer. This is when your heart must step in and convince both your mind and your body to keep going. This is why marathon runners have strong bodies, stronger minds and the strongest of hearts. Good luck.
18) Don’t believe in rebirth? You will, after your marathon. Good luck.
19) Train hard, run like there’s no tomorrow – success awaits you at the finish line. Good luck.
20) Run a marathon… you will unlock the true meanings of FOCUS and ENDURANCE.
21) When you think you have given it all, when you don’t even have the strength to stand tall… think of it as just the beginning, of the endurance that you’ll persist through until finishing. Good luck.
22) Running a marathon successfully is 0.5% Training, 0.5% Diet and 99% Determination. Go for it.
23) Everyone can run a mile, only winners can run a marathon. Good luck.
24) A marathon isn’t like a drag race which is a test of how just one thing – the engine’s horsepower. A marathon is like a rally going through isolate desert plains and treacherous mountain ranges which tests each and every nut and bolt of a car’s body. Good luck.
25) Ordinary people know their limits. Marathoners know how to push them.
26) Complete that marathon – it will be the ultimate revenge against everyone who said you couldn’t do it. Good luck.
27) Marathon is the secret acronym for Motivation Ambition Redemption Aspiration Tactful Heroic Optimism and Never-give-up.
28) Men run 100m races, beasts run marathon… bring out the beast within. Good luck.
29) No matter how hard you train, if you don’t believe that you can finish, you never will. Train hard, believe harder. Good luck.
30) Forget all the advice that anyone has ever given you. Just remember one thing – you can do it. Good luck.
31) A marathon will help you discover the strengths you never knew you had. Good luck.
32) A marathon is less a test of your physical strength and more a test of your will power. Good luck.
33) Marathons are not about time limits, they are about pushing yourself to the limit. Good luck.
34) A marathon isn’t a test of excellence, it is a test of endurance. Good luck.
35) If you learn how to really enjoy a marathon, you will never stop halfway. Good luck.
36) Marathon is a funny race. You will feel Strong at the starting line. You will feel Weak at mile 15. You will feel Pathetic at mile 20. You will feel Dead at mile 23. But at mile 26.2, you’ll feel the Strongest. Good luck.
37) Running a marathon is not an event, it is a lifestyle. Good luck.
38) Run a marathon as if your entire life depends on it – and you will never stop before the finish line. Good luck.
39) Running a marathon? Don’t let adrenalin get the better of you at the starting line. You’ll need heaps of it later. Good luck.
40) The essence of a race is How Fast Can You Run. But the essence of a marathon is How Much Can You Endure.
- good luck on your race quotes